Make your website less annoying and more likely to convert
Annoying website traits
- Music or videos that play automatically
- A sexy flash introduction
- Large un-optimised pictures
- 3rd party plugins loaded at the top of the page/li>
- Contact / sale action not on the home page
If your website has any of these characteristics then you are probably upsetting some of potential clients. These characteristics of sites that prevent sales with unhelpful design.
Changes you could make are
- Don’t auto play videos and music, a lot of escort clients are trying to keep their recreation a quiet hobby. Sudden loud sounds is going to send them rushing for the back button..
- Sexy flash videos unless there is an easy obvious way to skip them are a major headache for users. Also, would you rather give your clients 10 seconds to be interrupted or get the straight to the booking stage.
- If your site is slow at loading pictures, your customer will leave
- Because of the way 3rd party plugins like google analytics are loaded they can disable your entire site if the supplier of the plugin has any form of technical difficulty. However, loading plugins last (at the end of your page) can reduce the damage done
- Don’t make your clients hunt for a way to contact you, they may well have found you else where and now just want a number or email address. Make it easy for people to book you, make the booking the centre of attention of your site. For ideas how, just google ‘call to action’.in the future I’ll put some examples of great calls to action, used by the big boys.